Financing & Rebates
Geothermal Incentives Update
The Green Ontario Fund (GreenON) has announced a very significant consumer incentive program that includes ground-source heat pumps. Also included in the program are air-source heat pumps, windows and building insulation upgrades.
Geo incentives range from $2000 to $20,000 per installation. The program initially covers:
- retrofit geothermal installations in residential detached, semi-detached and row townhouses (multiple units per residence are acceptable to a max $20,000)
- new homeowner custom build residence geothermal installations
The homeowner must use a registered/participating geothermal contractor, installing qualified equipment in order to receive the program rebates.
- $2000 per ton of installed closed loop horizontal or lake loop installation (loops can be oversized by 1 ton)
- $3000 per ton of installed closed loop vertical installation (loops can be oversized by 1 ton)
- $750 for DHW desuperheater option
- $1500 for full DHW provision
- $1500 for geo heat pump with COP exceeding 4.0
- $750 per ton for geo to geo upgrades (max $4500)
Note that open systems, builder new construction and commercial systems are not included in this program. Further GreenON programs are anticipated. You are encouraged to register online here:
Qualified contractors must have been in business for at least 2 years, have an employee/subcontractor refrigeration/air conditioning license, 2 million in liability and 1 million in automotive insurances, letter of WSIB clearances, meet the geothermal training commitments and geothermal installation requirements. These can all be viewed on the sign up website.
We will be sending a follow up communication to you early next week with a more detailed program and contractor information.
If you know anyone that is doing some energy efficient upgrades to their home and they are a Union Gas customer they could receive up to $2500. From Union Gas.
Check out the Union Gas Information attached or at this address; https://www.uniongas.com/
Great financing programs to help with your purchase are available. They are completely open, you can pay the loan off at any time at your discretion. The interest rate is competitive. Call today and we will help you fill out the the paperwork.
Loans can be amortized up to 10 years
- Variable Rate Loan
- Loans are unsecured
- Loans are fully open and can be paid in full or in part at any time
- Loans through Crelogix
- Interest accrues from Install Date
- Thinking of using your Line Of Credit, compare monthly payments and save it for a rainy day!
Compare the Monthly Payment and get the best!
- $10,000 Loan, monthly payments as low as $119.20
- $20,000 Loan, monthly payments as low as $233.20
- $30,000 Loan, monthly payments as low as $349.80
Did you know that the government offers grants to help with certain home renovations? We keep up to date on all the constantly changing programs available to you. Just one more reason to talk to our experts at Gravenhurst Plumbing, Heating & Electric before beginning your next project.
See link for rebates: Save on Energy