Done For You: Muskoka Cottage Closing Services!
Servicing cottages in Muskoka, Gravenhurst, Huntsville, Orillia, Kawartha and surrounding regions!
After spending a beautiful summer up at your Muskoka cottage, the season has sadly come to a close.
That brisk, Northern Ontario wind has returned! And our team of plumbers, electricians and HVAC technicians are gearing up for a cold winter ahead.
Grab your toques team! We’re in for another frigid season!
But before you pack up and leave your weekend home, don’t forget to book your Muskoka cottage closing!
Why Invest In Professional Cottage Closing Services?
Shutting down your cottage for the winter is a must. But if it’s not done properly, it could cause more harm than good.
Your cottage plumbing, HVAC and electrical equipment all need special care. Failing to provide that care before winter hits can result in unexpected and costly repairs.
For example, if you don’t shut off, drain or winterize your pipes, you could experience any number of plumbing issues! From burst pipes to basement flooding and even water damage to your walls and ceiling!
Nobody wants to return to their cottage in the spring only to find more damages than they can afford to fix.
Book your professional cottage closing services - before the cold weather arrives!
Our Muskoka cottage closing services prevent costly repairs from developing. We shut down and winterize all your plumbing, HVAC and electrical equipment, so you don’t have to!
What Do Our Cottage Cottage Closing Services Include?
We’ve been closing cottages in Muskoka and surrounding regions for roughly 76 years. And each year, we make the same promise: to protect your cottage, equipment and peace of mind.
Our Muskoka cottage closing team promises to take care of all the nitty-gritty work. From shutting down your water supply to ensuring your electrical system is safely inactivated. Everything you need to secure your home-away-from-home for the winter season ahead!
Indoor Cottage Closing Services
Our cottage closing team will:
- Empty, clean and defrost your refrigerator and freezer.
- Clear the house of all perishable food items and supplies.
- Turn off all appliances individually and at the main power source (as applicable).
- Clean and service your hot water heater and apply leak-proofing.
- Drain all plumbing pipes and turn off the main water supply.
- Clean and service your sump pump and install a backup sump or secondary power source.
- Power down the HVAC system.
- Examine the entire interior premises and make recommendations as needed.
Outdoor Cottage Closing Services
Our cottage closing team will:
- Inspect and clean your roof, gutters and downspouts (if applicable).
- Clear away potentially flammable debris to reduce the risk of winter fires.
- Check and drain the water treatment/conditioning system (if applicable).
- Inspect and drain the sewer pump and/or septic system (if applicable).
- Add non-toxic antifreeze to all drains and traps as needed.
Have more summer cottage closing needs beyond the services just listed? We are happy to discuss adding those to your cottage closing service!
Schedule Your Muskoka Cottage Closing Today With Our Team!
Your cottage is your safe haven. And we want to keep it that way!
Schedule your cottage closing with Gravenhurst Plumbing, Heating and Electric. We'll ensure your cottage is well winterized before the cold hits.
Have a question about our cottage services? You can reach our team at 705-687-3402!
Schedule Your Cottage Closing With Us
Fill out the form below regarding this service and we will get back to you asap!